Thursday, April 29, 2010

The $10 Dress!!!

Last year I did a little experiment with what I wore to Fashion Events... Would anyone notice or even care if I wore the same dress more than once??? (The cardinal fashion sin).

I attended quite a few fashion events last year but there were 3 fashion shows that showcased some of my own designs. At these events I was either going to be on the red carpet or walk on the catwalk with my collection. Perfect!!!

I made a $10 dress out of a simple stretch material. It is a princess cut design, 3/4 sleeved with a long zip up the back. Modestly simple and simply modest. Just my style!!!! It took me a good 10-20 mins to make.
I wore this dress to all three fashion shows. Would anyone notice?!?!?! Can you fit into the fashion world wearing a $10 dress???

The result was - no one noticed, no one cared.... and until now.... no one would have known.... I didn't feel out of place. I felt professionally and appropriately dressed. I think it was a fun experiment. And I think you can fit into the fashion world with whatever style and budget you want.


So here it is the $10 Dress!!!

NRA Australian Fashion Design Awards -Red Carpet - Gold Coast (Broadcast on Channel 9)

Perth Fashion Festival - Top 5 menswear design finalists

Home Ground Fashion Show 
(Image above - Photographer: Penny Lane)